ARTE PARÁ | 2011
Museu Histórico do Estado do Pará, Belém, Brazil
Curator: Ricardo Resende
1. And these pages will tell you a secret | 2008
This work is part of a series whose purpose is to transfer and print geometric forms onto rolls of rice paper, accomplished with the aid of carbon paper. These were the original drawings, done in ball point pen on sheets of graph paper, in which the overlay of tiny, multicolored circles eventually create forms and illusions of space.
- ball point pen on graph paper
- 28,8 x 221 cm
Photo: Renato Bezerra de Mello
2. Time is not a thing, it is an idea. It will die in the mind | 2009 (in progress)
Gripped by the menacing idea of death––whether natural or induced––I began this series of concentric circles, using the characteristic motion of an automat devoid of spontaneity or a wanderer with no destination.
- series of drawings in Moleskine notebooks and loose sheets of Canson paper; red India ink
- 21 x 26 cm (open notebook)
- OTHER EXHIBITIONS: “Errático, errante,” Galeria Inox, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Photo: Cláudia Tavares