Remembrance | 2019
The word “remembrance” printed in 37 different calligraphies, taken from small vegetable paper objects — painted, handwritten lace paper — made in the convents of Pernambuco to celebrate religious events. Kept as heirlooms by the women of my family, they reflect a delicate manufacture that no longer exists.
- French high relief print on Conqueror Bamboo Natural White 500g paper, with painted lateral finish
- metal plate engraving and manual inkjet print work by Gráfica Marly, Rio de Janeiro
- set of 37 prints | edition of 03 + 02 AP
- 14,5 x 18,2 cm (each card) | 106 x 265 cm (the set)
- EXHIBITIONS: “O que a gente não tem coragem de jogar fora”, Galeria Inox, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Photo: Wilton Montenegro